The holidays are made for entertaining and making new memories with family and friends. Whether it’s the lighting, smell or atmosphere, there is no better time to dress up yourself and your home for a joyous celebration.
When hosting a holiday event be sure to:
- Decorate as early as possible. It’s never too early to craft new ideas for the next party.
- Plan, Plan, Plan! Never get caught without being prepared.
- Do not use this as a time to test out new recipes. Use tried and true favorites or make sure you test recipes prior to the big event.
- Never let the stress consume you, or you’ll miss the fun.
- Be sure to keep the pantry stocked between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day.
- Keep your favorite chip and dip recipe on hand for a quick fix.
- Do not be afraid to buy something already prepared — dress it up and serve it as your own.
- Do not be afraid to get help or ask for help.
- Surround yourself with friends who are willing to share their entertaining secrets.
- Make new memories and enjoy the moment.